- A Destination-Based Allowance for Corporate Equity
(with Alexander Klemm)
IMF Working Paper No. WP/18/239 (November 2018)
- Can Government Demand Stimulate Private Investment?
Evidence from U.S. Federal Procurement (with Tom Zimmermann)
IMF Working Paper No. 16/60 (March 2016) Under Review
- At Your Service! The Role of Tax Havens in International Trade with Services
(with Niels Johannesen )
CESifo Working Paper No. 5414 (June 2015) Under Revision for the Journal of Public Economics
- Cross-Border Effects of Fiscal Consolidations: Estimates Based on Narrative Records
(with Tom Zimmermann), CESifo Working Paper No. 4311 (June 2013) Revised Version Coming Soon
- Toward a Mutualization of European Unemployment Insurance? On Limiting the Downsides of a
Fiscal Transfer System for the Eurozone, (with Alfons Weichenrieder)
CESifo Economic Studies , 2016, vol. 62 (2), pp. 376-395.
- Money at the Docks of Tax Havens: A Guide
FinanzArchiv / Pubic Finance Analysis , 2014, vol. 70 (3), pp. 458-485.
- International Profit Shifting and Multinational Firms in Developing Economies
in: Fuest, C., and Zodrow, G. (Eds.), (with Clemens Fuest and Nadine Riedel)
Critical Issues in Taxation and Development 2013, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 145-166.
- The Effects of Discretionary Fiscal Policy on Macroeconomic Aggregates: A Reappraisal
Journal of Economic Surveys , 2011, vol. 25 (4), pp. 674-707.
- The Effects of Taxation on the Location Decision of Multinational Firms: M&A vs. Greenfield Investments
(with Martin Ruf and Alfons Weichenrieder),
National Tax Journal , 2011, vol. 64 (3), pp. 817-838.
- International Debt Shifting and Multinational Firms in Developing Economies
(with Clemens Fuest and Nadine Riedel),
Economics Letters , 2011, vol. 113 (2), pp. 135-138.
- Debt Financing and Sharp Currency Depreciations: Wholly versus Partially-Owned Multinational Affiliates
(with Alfons Weichenrieder),
Review of World Economics / Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv , 2010, vol. 146 (2), pp. 281-302.
- What Do We Know about the Tax Planning of German-Based Multinational Firms
(with Alfons Weichenrieder)
CESifo DICE Report 4/2014 (Winter)